At Dwight Darby & Company, we are always looking for quality professionals who are highly motivated and desire to have a productive career in public accounting. We are interested in those who are just graduating from college to those with five or more years experience in public accounting.
If you are interested in seeking employment with our firm, please fax or e-mail to 813-251-1338 or email@example.com.
Public CPA Firm Senior Audit and Tax Accountant Positions – Audit and Tax
As a local CPA firm located in Tampa for over sixty-five years, Dwight Darby & Company has established an outstanding reputation as a respected business advisor within the community as well as maintaining long-term employees.
We are truly a "local" firm. Each of our partners has a history of continuity by having an association with the Firm from twenty-four to forty years. Of the four partners, three began their public accounting careers with Dwight Darby & Company. Part of the strength of our firm is the continuity and stability of the Firm's partners and its employees.
We distinguish ourselves from other firms by the quality of service we provide to our clients and the way we treat our employees.
Benefits of our firm include:
- Our senior and staff accountants are versed in both audit and tax disciplines
- Operate in a paperless environment
- In the office we are informal, diverse, and business casual
- 401k Plan
- Additional holidays, vacations, tax days and/or tax bonuses
- Employee health insurance
- Company paid dues, social networking events and CPE
- Private office, dual monitors, laptop
- Minimal travel
- Partners very accessible and involved
- Flexible schedule/ability to work from home as needed
- Typical tax season overtime begins mid to late-February at an average of 55 hours/week
- Truly a family environment/not your typical all work/no play atmosphere. We work hard and value a person’s efforts and results.
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- B.A. in Accounting, including the 150 hour (5th year) FICPA educational requirement or Master’s in Accounting
- 2+ years public accounting experience
- CPA or is currently working toward license
- Intelligent, motivated, team player
- Trustworthy, dependable
- Accounting, auditing, tax and research knowledge
- Sound writing and communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple projects, and meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to learn and have the ability to work without much Supervision/self-starter
- Stable work history
- Tax professional requirements: must possess knowledge in researching and documenting tax consequences of transactions/issues, responding to IRS notices a plus, experience in preparing complex corporate and individual income tax returns in UltraTax, Prosystem fx tax preparation software and using Engagement software.
- Audit professional requirements: must possess knowledge of PPC and Engagement software and audit/review/compilation standards.
Anticipated start date: Available now
To apply, please follow these directions:
Forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print Job Posting ()