At Dwight Darby & Company, we are always looking for quality professionals who are highly motivated and desire to have a productive career in public accounting. We are interested in those who are just graduating from college to those with five or more years experience in public accounting.
If you are interested in seeking employment with our firm, please fax or e-mail to 813-251-1338 or email@example.com.
Public CPA Firm Senior Audit and Tax Accountant Position – Audit Focused, Tax Experience Preferred
Company has established an outstanding reputation as a respected business advisor
within the community as well as maintaining long-term employees.
We are truly a “local” firm. Each of our partners has a history of continuity by having
an association with the Firm from twenty-four to forty years. Of the four partners, three
began their public accounting careers with Dwight Darby & Company. Part of the
strength of our firm is the continuity and stability of the Firm's partners and its
We distinguish ourselves from other firms by the quality of service we provide to our
clients and the way we treat our employees.
Benefits of our firm include:
- Operate in a paperless environment
- 401k Plan
- Additional holidays, vacations, tax days and/or tax bonuses
- Employee health insurance
- Company paid dues, social networking events and CPE
- Private office, dual monitors, laptop as needed
- Minimal travel
- Partners very accessible and involved
- Typical tax season overtime begins mid to late-February at an average of 55 hours/week
- Truly a family environment/not your typical all work/no play atmosphere. We work hard and value a person’s efforts and results. Also, we offer a flexible work schedule and are business casual dress.
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- B.A. in Accounting, including the 150 hour (5th year) FICPA educational requirement or Master’s in Accounting
- Senior and staff accountants are versed in both audit and tax disciplines
- 2+ years public accounting experience
- CPA or is currently working toward license
- Intelligent, motivated, team player
- Trustworthy, dependable
- Accounting, auditing, tax and research knowledge
- Sound writing and communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple projects, and meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to learn and have the ability to work without much supervision/self-starter
- Stable work history
- Knowledge in researching and documenting tax consequences of transactions/issues
- Experience responding to IRS notices on behalf of clients a plus
- Experience in preparing complex corporate and individual income tax returns
- Knowledge of general tax software
- Must possess working knowledge of accounting/auditing software and audit/review/compilation standards
Anticipated start date: Available now
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print Job Posting ()