At Dwight Darby & Company, we are always looking for quality professionals who are highly motivated and desire to have a productive career in public accounting. We are interested in those who are just graduating from college to those with five or more years experience in public accounting.
If you are interested in seeking employment with our firm, please fax or e-mail to 813-251-1338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public CPA Firm Senior Tax Accountant Position
As a local CPA firm located in Tampa for over sixty-five years, Dwight Darby &
Company has established an outstanding reputation as a respected business advisor
within the community and has maintained long-term employees.
We are truly a "local" firm. Each of our partners has a history of continuity by having
an association with the Firm from twenty-three to over forty years. Of the three
partners, two began their public accounting careers with Dwight Darby & Company.
Part of the strength of our firm is the integrity and stability of the Firm's partners and
We distinguish ourselves from other firms by the quality of service we provide to our
clients and the way we treat our employees.
Benefits of our firm include:
- Operate in a paperless environment
- In the office we are informal, diverse, and business casual
- 401k Plan
- Additional holidays, vacations, tax days and/or tax bonuses
- Employee health insurance
- Company paid dues, social networking events and CPE
- Private office, dual monitors, laptop
- Minimal travel
- Partners very accessible and involved
- Flexible schedule/ability to work from home as needed
- Typical tax season overtime begins mid to late-February at an average of 55 hours/week
- Though we work hard and value a person’s efforts and results, we truly are a family environment and not your typical all work/no play atmosphere.
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- B.A. in Accounting, including the 150 hour (5th year) FICPA educational requirement or Master’s in Accounting
- 4+ years public tax accounting experience
- CPA or currently working toward license
- Intelligent, motivated, team player
- Trustworthy, dependable
- Sound writing and communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple projects, and meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Stable work history
Additional position requirements – Candidate must be well versed in:
- Researching and documenting tax consequences of transactions/issues
- Responding to IRS notices
- Preparation and review of complex corporate, individual, trust, and estate income tax returns
- UltraTax, Prosystem-fx tax preparation software and Engagement software
Anticipated start date: open until filled
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line
please reference “Senior Tax Accountant”. Thank you.
Print Job Posting ()