As a local CPA firm located in Tampa for over seventy years, Dwight Darby & Company has established an outstanding reputation as a respected business advisor within the community as well as maintaining long-term employees.
We are truly a "local" firm. Each of our partners has a history of continuity by having an association with the Firm from twenty-eight to forty-four years. One of the partners began their public accounting career with Dwight Darby & Company. Part of the strength of our firm is the continuity and stability of the Firm's partners and its employees.
We distinguish ourselves from other firms by the quality of service we provide to our clients and the way we treat our employees.
Benefits of our firm include:
- Operate in a paperless environment
- 401k Plan
- Additional holidays, vacations, tax days and/or tax bonuses
- Employee health insurance
- Company paid dues, social networking events and CPE
- Private office, dual monitors, laptop as needed
- Minimal travel
- Partners very accessible and involved
- Typical tax season overtime begins mid to late-February at an average of 55 hours/week
- Truly a family environment/not your typical all work/no play atmosphere. We work hard and value a person’s efforts and results. Also, we offer a flexible work in the home and office schedule and are business casual dress.
Public CPA Firm Senior Audit Accountant Position – Audit Focused, Tax Experience A Plus
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- B.A. in Accounting, including the 150-hour (5th year) FICPA educational requirement or Master’s in Accounting
- Senior accountants are versed in both audit and tax disciplines
- 2+ years public accounting experience
- CPA or is currently working toward license
- Intelligent, motivated, team player
- Trustworthy, dependable
- Accounting, auditing, tax and research knowledge and documenting such
- Ability to follow GAAP and FASB updates and keep partners and the Firm informed
- Sound writing and communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple projects, and
- Ability and willingness to learn and have the ability to work without much supervision/self-starter
- Stable work history
- Experience responding to IRS notices on behalf of clients a plus
- Experience in preparing complex corporate and individual income tax returns a plus
- Knowledge of general tax software
- Must possess working knowledge of accounting/auditing software and audit/review/compilation standards
Anticipated start date
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please reference “Senior Audit Accountant”. Thank you.